- 2018, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Gies College of Business
- (Ph.D. in Strategy and Entrepreneurship, with a minor in International Business)
- 2012, Purdue University, Krannert School of Management
- (B.S. in Industrial Management, with a minor in Statistics; Graduation with Highest Distinction)
- 2020-present, Soongsil University, Assistant Professor, Department of Global Commerce
- 2018-2020, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Assistant Professor of Management, School of Management and Economics
- Lee, J. & Chung, J. 2022. Women in top management teams and their impact on innovation. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 183: 121883.
- Chung, S. & Chung, J. 2021. The Korean approach to Industry 4.0: The 4th Industrial Revolution from regional perspectives. European Planning Studies, 29(9): 1690-1707.
- Lee, J. & Chung, J. 2021. Female presence in a top management team and innovation: Evidence from state-level policies protecting female workers in the U.S. Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings.
- Chung, J., Lorenz, A., & Somaya, D. 2019. Dealing with intellectual property (IP) landmines: Defensive measures to address the problem of IP access. Research Policy, 48(9): 103828.
- Chung, J. 2019. Real options in preemptive patenting: Evidence from the America Invents Act (AIA). Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings.
- Chung, J. 2011. The National Innovation System and the automobile industry in South Korea. Discussion Papers "Innovation Systems and Policy Analysis" 29, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- 2019, Nominee, William H. Newman Award, Academy of Management Annual Conference
- 2018, List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent, UIUC